Search This Blog

Sunday, May 21, 2017

SQL Server 2012: AlwaysOn High Availability error 9692: Endpoint port

Had an issue where I was unable to get the “New Availability Group” wizard to successfully complete.

It would continually error with a 9692 Error, indicating that the endpoint couldn't be setup on port 5022.

I had expected this and on the endpoint tab I had changed to a different port (the servers already had other instances running on port 5022), however even though I changed the wizard to an unused port (i.e 5025), the error kept coming back with could not create end point on port 5022.

I had not come across this before and I cannot find anything about it on the interwebs..

The way I got around this was to manually setup the endpoints, before running the wizard (Changing the port to the desired value).

-- Create a new Database Mirroring Endpoint on Replica 1
CREATE ENDPOINT Hadr_Endpoint
AS TCP
(
   LISTENER_PORT = 5023
)
FOR DATA_MIRRORING
(
   ROLE = ALL,
   ENCRYPTION = REQUIRED ALGORITHM AES
)
GO

-- Start the Endpoint on Replica 1
ALTER ENDPOINT Hadr_Endpoint STATE = STARTED

DROP ENDPOINT Hadr_Endpoint

When the wizard got to the endpoint it then listed these endpoints and I was able to continue through (the ports are greyed out and can no longer be changed)

image

Would love to know why on this occasion the wizard failed, as I have happily changed the port in the past but this work around got me through.


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever find a fix for this minus the work around?

    ReplyDelete