Search This Blog

Monday, June 07, 2010

Samsung i8910 (HD, icon) – Totally refresh music library

I had an issue with this phone and the music library, it kept adding duplicate entries of random music. Even when I removed the music from the phone the other entries where still there! To me it looked as if music player was not working correctly.

In the end I traced the problem down to Windows Media Player (WMP) on my desktop machine, and the setting that copies music you play in WMP to a portable device you have connected. So whenever I had my phone connected while I was using WMP, it was merrily copying the music to my phone!

However back to the article topic, while trying to figure out what was going on I was trying to find a way to clear out the music player on the phone, and I did.

The music library for the music player is held in a file called mpxv2_2.db. So just search your phone for this file, I just connect the phone to the pc in mass storage mode and use windows search. However you should find the file in the following folder

<driveletter>:\Private\10281e17\

Also of note is the file may be a derivative of mpxv2_2.db, my file was actually [101ffc31]mpxv2_2.db. Just delete this file and fire up the music player, it will trawl your phone again and create this library file.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment